Frau Zinn und Frau Brune
- different exercises and games to practice free speech and to improve your English language skills
- field trips and competitions against other schools in the German Debating League
- a lot of fun and exciting discussions
Grab some friends and join our next meeting!
when: Wednesdays, 2.15pm
where: room 112
Competitions year 2017/18
- Round 1&2: Thursday, 7th December at the GGK
Motion: THW abolish marks in PE, Music and Art.
- Round 3&4: Friday, 2nd February in Emmendingen
Motion: This House believes that beauty peagants should be banned.
- Round 5&6: Wednesday, 14th March in Lahr
Motion: This House believes that all parents should be required to take parental classes before having a child.
- finals: 15th - 17th June
- Round 1&2: Friday, 24th November in Lahr
Motion: This House would introduce a universal basic income.
- Round 3&4: Saturday, 27th January at the GGK
Motion: THBT Saudi Arabia is the biggest threat to stability in the Middle East
- rounds 5-8: 2nd - 4th March in Mannheim
Motion: This House fears the rise of artificila intelligence
Motion: This House would end EU membership negotiations with Turkey
- finals: Saturday, 9th June
We'll let you know the motions and where the competitions will take place as soon as possible!
Competitions year 2016/17
- Round 1&2: Thursday, 8th December in Heilbronn
Motion: "THW implement unisex toilets in all public buildings."
- Round 3+4: Friday, 27th January at the GGK
Motion: "This house believes that characters with disabilities or significant illnesses in film or television should always be portrayed by individuals with said disabilities and illnesses."
- Round 5+6: Wednesday, 5th March in Vaihingen
Motion: "THBT parents should be allowed to choose their baby's sex"
- final rounds: 19th - 21st May
- Round 1&2: Friday, 18th November
- Round 3+4: Saturday, 21st January
- final rounds in Würzburg: 17th - 19th February
Competitions year 2015/16
- Round 1&2: 8th Dec at the Goethe-Gymnasium Karlsruhe
Motion: THW charge football clubs for the policing of football matches
- Round 3&4: 28th Jan in Stuttgart
Motion: THB that physical education classes should be coeducational in all year groups
- Rounds 5&6: 22th April
- Final rounds: 10th – 12th June
- Rounds 1&2: 13th Nov 2016 in Stuttgart
Motion: TH approves of Ms Merkels open-door policy towards refugees
- Rounds 3&4: 23th Jan in Frankfurt
Motion: TH does not support air strikes against IS
- Rounds 5-8: 26th – 28th Feb Würzburgweekend
- Finals: 4th June in Stuttgart
For more detailed information on tournaments see: www.schoolsdebate.org